Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Chef's In the Kitchen



There is something that happens when you’re listening to a track that speaks to you
 in more languages than you care to decipher. 
Various instrumentals blending to give that perfect symphony… 
at the same time making it clear to you that individually they are useless for the purpose of the song.
The heavy base drums that keep track of the rhythm, help regulate the track timing 
and helps keep the artiste in check. 
The marriage of these instruments make us move and have particular tracks on repeat.
Some artistes do this easily and for some part successfully. 
Nigerian artistes are of a different breed. They understand their crowd…
 they know who they singing to… 
drunk with club bangers, it is hard to make a CD with Nigerian tracks and expect that 
you can drive like a normal person… 
everything is heavy and noisy with the clash of instruments sounding like what you expect to hear if the Krackin was picking its teeth with a rock.
But once in a while… 
a hero comes along and proceeds to give us what we have been waiting for. 
I can’t put in words my excitement when I hear Nigerian tracks I can chill to… 
not feeling the need to know how to AZONTO and the pressure that comes with doing it well.
Recently a track was sent to me, was a little worried at first… 
cos I do have a thing for honesty… 
but hey I cast my fears aside and jumped it. 
No rope, life jacket or a plank… 
like that monkey in the titanic movie that gave his plank to a woman that survived, got married, 
had wild sex-capades and kids… I think… 
I digress
Anyways to my surprise it was a remix of an older track that I really liked… this time 2face was on it… lending his unmistakable vocals to the track. 
PRE (pretty, rude & entertaining) did his thing… 
He puts his essence in everything he does and he spared nothing on this track.
with a beat was produced by Leric… its hard to go wrong...
The fuse between hop-hop and afro beat on this track is something to be proud of; 
forever engaging.


Listen to the track here…
..........................................................................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment