Thursday 13 September 2012

Just STOP!


Ok… I shall say this, and say it only once. There is nothing more annoying than a rapper fighting so hard to hold some claim to a rap crown (not a real crown) or street cred (the world don’t care about it). What makes it worse is your age… nigga if you old… you old.
This is why I respect the likes of rakim, ll cool j, ice cube, ice t, queen latifa, queen pen etc… others that are noticeably old and are still in the rap game like nas, jay, dr dre, talib, common, outcast etc, don’t feel the need to be loud, they just roll with the punches and have learnt to adapt and tackle the newbies with experience or hey… just sign them to your label and make some money off them.
Then you have the “tired ones” old as dirt for the most part, swear they are the greatest rappers alive (and don’t say shit). Now don’t get me wrong these set of rappers are lyrically endowed but for some reason they try too hard and end up boring the hell out of listeners… we talking bout.. krs one (this one is far gone), nelly, dmx, lil kim, … I am sure u can add to this list…

Today’s case: DMX
This nigga here… OMG! In ’98 you couldn’t tell me nothing. Get in my car and you will be welcomed by DMX barking, growling, shouting and sometimes… praying. Let’s not talk about the way the music made me drive… pedal to the floor…
Anyways I heard he was releasing a new album titled “UNDISPUTED”… after years of ups and downs; one problem or jail sentence after another he decided to settle down. Good for him.
So I figured I take a look at the track list… hmm to my surprise this dude… had 2 tracks on an album titled.... 1) What They Don’t Know... 2) Ya’ll Don’t Really Know... both produced by swizz beatz. he had another track back in the day called "you catz dont know" and another one with a chorus like "they dont know who we be" I don tire... dawg u need we KNOW! We have been with you since '98. We get it... you’re a bahd guyns... DAMN!
This was the same dude that said “when its your time to go, you go” I wish he took his own advice. Although I think he meant dying though.

I am about to listen to the album… wish me luck because I think I need it.
Not sure why I am about to do this to myself though. 

1 comment: