Thursday 14 March 2013

The Tin Man


I have felt that pain couple times
pain in the gut, the feeling that you are missing something
someone
this pain is not new
for some reason, I get over it
I find what I am/was looking for

Each time I welcome her back
she lays beside me and promises not to leave me
and I believe her
forgetting her past transgressions I dive in

Head first

Forgetting her past transgressions… 
old memories and emotions take over
making me an emotional mess
but I endure, I might like it
because its her, 
She gives it to me good all the time

I am out with the guys, I see her
with a guy, comfy and snuggly
she sees me…

I laugh
at her? No. 
at myself? Yes.

Cos I am certain it’s the last time…
Knock on the door…
who is it? I ask…
a familiar voice answers... "its me"

My heart melts

I push the button…


Sitting, thinking about what I have done…
with a glass of Jameson in hand and 
ice dancing around in glass as if happy with what I had done
I smile and take long drag of the cigar…



Yes I did it.

1 comment: