Monday 24 December 2012

Its not that SERIOUS!!!



Yo… its Christmas once again…

...the freshers (i just got back kids)
the oldies (we run this town)
the old coots (we old but we young at heart)...

everyone will be out! 

but is it just me or is the clubbing experience in Lagos gradually going to hell…
I mean I understand it’s a club and all and that people are supposed to be there… 
and yes they are supposed to be drinking… 
now I have to be honest… 
there aren’t that many options out there and the few that will pass 
are so overcrowded that it’s a fire hazard.
I mean why would I want to be shoulder to shoulder with people I don’t know?…  
maybe the opportunity to sneak in accidental kisses or “cop a feel” from an unsuspecting female is enough of an incentive to be there but seriously… 
is it really that serious?
outside the club there are people scattered all over the place… 
some trying to get in, some trying to get out others just trying to get laid… 
when you finally make your way into the club, 
your hit with that very still, heavy, stinky wall of air mixed with thick smoke 
in a room or space with little or no ventilation… 
people moving around in drones as if under the ever generous spell of intoxication.
Let’s not talk about the illusive idea of that one “special” space in the corner 
that keeps getting biggeras clubs spring up daily… 
I am talking about the little room in the back labeled VIP. 
What horse shit… 
what criteria does one have to meet to be welcomed to the clique of the Very Important People? 
I ask that to say this… 
there is nothing important about half the people in that room… 
including myself… I mean the hell do I do?... 
oh yeah… spend money; and guess what… 
so does half of Lagos state.

I was out one Friday night… 
started off at a place called Greenwich somewhere in V.I. 
this was the first for me and I was quite happy with what I saw… 
chill night, good crowd… the music tho… a little different 
but I got over that soon as the henny made its way into my system. 
It wasn't overcrowded, the music wasn't irritatingly loud, 
you could actually see through to the other end of the room. 
I mean you could actually talk to the person next to you and dance without being intrusive. 
This was a nice place to be… maybe just for that night though… 
might be different the next time I find myself there.

From there we made our way to Likwid… 
there was a debate about where to go though… 
this was between Likwid and SIP… 
hmmm not a big fan of both places…SIP on Fridays… 
at some point was a no no for me… 
would rather experiment slitting my wrist with a tea-spoon… (that’s changed now) 
get there early and you will have a blast! 
Likwid on the other hand… OMG!!! Don’t know about other nights... 
but that night was a mess… 
crowded, hot, sticky… I really don’t know how people do this… 
you walk in there and you wonder if everyone is ok… 
how do you have fun in such a place? 
I mean… it is HOT and dank! 
And the Christmas rush has just started… 
I think I will return to my haven… DeMarquee… if I really have to be out.

But really… I think I know what I will be doing this Christmas season… chilling with friends 
at a bar or the house with enough food, drinks and good convo.

Its really not that Serious.

*please note that this is not an ad/promo or whatever for any of the clubs mentioned in this write up… its just an opinion and should be treated as such*

No comments:

Post a Comment