Friday 1 November 2013

ABYSS



That moment when it seems like there is no point.
No point going out…
No point meeting new people.
No point trying to build something with someone new.


It’s all pointless…
A joke.
Everything is a mess…
And I would rather exist in that lonely mess
That way I don’t have to worry about someone else
Until you finally realize that you were right…
There really is no point!

That depression starts to creep in.
You’re sure you want to drink it away
But that Jameson don’t taste right,
Don’t get you tipsy no more.
It’s like poison and you wonder,
Is there any escape?
I am not at least allowed to drown in my own sorrow?

What.The.Fuck is the point of all of this?

“We head to the club, have drinks, 
pretend to be interested in the 
random ass conversation you're having 
with a complete stranger…"


In Her mind: ohh he is really smart, and seems to be interesting, nice arms
In My mind: she's got a nice smile, phat ass and great tits… can I touch?
We exchange numbers… but I know I won't call and the games begin…
She waits for me… I'm off drinking…
She calls me… I'm somewhere chillin'
She waits for me… I don’t even remember I ever met her
I bump into her randomly… and I don’t know who she is

Met her a couple times
She’d invite me out.
Never made it…
What’s the point?
I’m not interested,
Can’t be interested.
Don’t want to be interested.
At this point,
I hate the thought of being interested.
What’s the point?
It all ends the same way…

Someone pissed at someone for something someone did to someone

It’s too noisy.
Too many people.
I walk out, my mind racing.
Why am I here?
How did I get here?
Where did this drink come from?
My phone rings

And it’s her…

She says she’s missed me.
I feel a little light-headed…
The Jameson suddenly kicks in
And I can finally hear the ice dance in the glass

"All of a sudden the noise fades… 
the music sounds good
The people look different… 
happier, less desperate
The Jameson tastes… 
richer"

I take another sip to be sure I'm not trippin’.
Tonight could be fun 
Now I get it… that’s the whole point to this cycle of pointlessness

The search for that one moment of clarity…
When nothing matters and everything seems worth it

We live then inevitably die.

How we live is what matters.
Some are lucky to find someone to share that life with,
Others…
Not so fortunate.

Good luck to you on the journey.

May your Jameson forever taste like the nectar of the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment